Thursday, August 23, 2012

Down Under Doll Quilt Swap 3

Have you made a mini quilt?  I haven't yet so I decided to sign up for the latest round of the Down Under Doll Quilt swap on Flickr.  I put together this inspiration mosaic for my partner.

1. , 2. Sewing Circle Pillow, 3. flickr.com/photos/74067014@N00/6915982978/, 4. wildflower garden quilt: block #2, 5. Spring 2012 Market Brochure_1, 6. DS Quilts Mini, 7. Quilt top finished... now on to the back!, 8. good folks value quilt, 9. FBLiQS, 10. layout - almost all the blocks together, 11.flickr.com/photos/74067014@N00/7410561650/, 12. friends! :D, 13. Butterflies - done, 14. Granny Square Quilt top, 15. New bag!, 16. Cherry Creamsicle, 17. PTS7 in progress!, 18. such a star., 19.DSC_0906, 20. Equalizer Quilt - Habitat Challenge


The partner I've been assigned has different colour taste to me, so I always find that challenging (especially as I don't have a lot of lovely fabric in her colours). Maybe because I don't have the right fabric, I'm finding it really hard to find inspiration and settle on a design. I've got a little time up my sleeve, they don't need to be posted until early October.

Have you ever put your hand up for something and then struggled to execute?

3 comments:

  1. Yes. I have found that swaps always stretch me. I often tackle something that I would never tackle of my own accord. This leads to either learning or struggling, or both! I love to do swaps, but only do a certain number each year otherwise I struggle to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you are saying...swaps are always a bit of a challenge for me also. I generally am assigned a partner with likes totally different from mine. Then, I really stress about making something they will like. The last swap I did like that, I didn't even get a thank-you. It leaves me thinking that they really didn't like what I made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done a swap but have really thought about it!! I would love for you to join me at www.sewcraftykathy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Thanks for stopping by.